Pages

Monday 11 July 2016

Winter Learning Journey 3

Image result for no girls allowed sign
Bonus: During the ancient Olympic Games, men were allowed to compete in the events but women were not. In fact, they were often forbidden from even watching the games. In your opinion, is this fair? Why or why not? On your blog please tell us what you think about this interesting rule.


I say it is fair and unfair because if the girl join the ancient olympics with the boys they would get hurt because the sports are really dangerous and these sports could make them end up in hospital.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Halaiano,

    I definitely agree with you that there are aspects of this rule that are fair and some that are unfair. In my opinion (as a girl!) I think that it is generally unfair to exclude women from participating at all in the Olympics, however, I do understand that there may be some events that are simply too aggressive or dangerous for women to compete in comfortably. Fortunately, these days women are welcome to join in the modern day Olympic games and to compete in almost every event that they can. In fact, there are some very talented female wrestlers, female boxers, female weight lifters, female equestrian racers, female shot putters, etc.

    It's pretty amazing to see what these women (and men) can do! I personally can't wait for the Olympics to start on 5 August so that I can cheer for the male and the female athletes from around the world. I am especially interested in watching the athletes from New Zealand and from Canada (my home country)!

    Will you have the chance to watch any of the Olympic coverage, Halaiano? I hope so!

    Cheers, Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete